Friday, July 31, 2009

GENETICS Help Please- I'm not sure if I'm on the right track...?

1- A normally pigmented man marries an albino woman.They have 3 children,1 is albino.What is the Genotype of the father?





2- 2 intensely freckled parents have 5 children,2 that are intensely freckled 3 that aren't. (Assume the trait is governed by a single pair of alleles), is the intense freckledness an example of dominant or recessive inheritance,Why?





3- A woman is heterozygous for ABO blood group with an I^A allele and an i allele.A man is heterozygous for an I^B allele and an i allele.


a- what are the possible PHENOTYPE blood types of their offspring?


b-in what % will each occur?


----------


1- I think the genotype is 1:2:1 b/c I set up a Punnett square by putting N,n on one side %26amp; A, a at the top. My results were:


NA-Na


nA-na Idk if I set it up right though.





2- I think its a result of Dominant inheritance, but I can't explain why.





3- a- I think phenotype blood types would be A or B.


b- I think it would be 50% - 50% chance





Please Help Explain these!Thanks!

GENETICS Help Please- I'm not sure if I'm on the right track...?
1. Pp (heterozygous)


2. Both parents are heterozygous (Ff)


Since both parents show intense freckles, it must be a dominant trait. In order to have non-freck. children, they both must be heterozygous. Ff x Ff ----%26gt; 3:1 ratio expected; frec. to non-freck.


3a) All four blood groups are possible


b)25% possibility for each





For#3, do a Punnett square- A i x B i

survey questions

No comments:

Post a Comment